1.04.2010

Inaugural

"The one thing which we seek with insatiable desire is to forget ourselves, to be surprised out of our propriety, to lose our sempiternal memory, and to do something without knowing how or why; in short, to draw a new circle. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. The way of life is wonderful: it is by abandonment."

Ralph Waldo Emerson, from his essay, "Circles." This quote is what inspired the address of this blog and ultimately, its creation. More than anything, I love to travel. Not to forget where I come from, but to rather see where someone else comes from. Emerson says that we seek one thing: the desire to forget everyday life and surprise ourselves. For me, I would have to rearrange the sentence and say that the one thing I desire, insatiably, is to seek. I constantly want to be surprised by what I find, whether it is a new person or a new place (preferably both).

The issue is I just have too many plans - I suppose too many new circles to draw. So in order to remember every cool, exciting place I want to go - and for any one else who shares my obsession for adventuring to undiscovered gems, welcome to WANDER-LUSTING.